Friday 26 August 2011

My new motto!

I saw this on pinterest, and it really got me thinking, because I absolutley love my Birthday ... it's the day after that is a let down because I have to start counting from three hundred and sixty odd again.

But, after seeing this poster maybe the birthday day-after might not be so bad.

But, then what would my real birthday mean?

I suppose I am thinking about this too much, I know what its meaning is supposed to be.

Instead this has helped me realise that prehaps I do treat my days like birthdays.
I mean I start off most mornings with cake for breakfast (I know ,munch, crumb, munch).
Amazon delivers books and goodies that I have ordered online rather regularly.
My iPod is the key to many movies and good books whenever I feel the need.
These are materialistic though!

With further thought then: My family and friends live rather far away and they constantly send me cards and surprise gifts whenever they are missing me.
I have dinners and drinks with my other half, friends and family often and get taken out on great adventures regularly for no real reason at all. I also pretty much get to do whatever I want to do most days ... after work that is!

So, every day is like my Birthday I just need to be greatful for my gifts (in all their many forms).

This then made me think even more:
This year for my Birthday I should let those I love and care about know all the wonderful things that they have done for me throughout this year, at least.

So if I live every day like my Birthday then my Birthday can be my gift of thanks to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment