Thursday 27 October 2011

Collectors are Hoarders with vision...

I don't know why these words came to mind today, but they did and I like them.

On my recent travels to Cyprus I met this 'Polis' Man in Polis. His collection was amazing but very odd all at the same time.

Collectors are Hoarders with vision!

It reminds me, very much of this collection, the 'Polis'Man had some tortoise/ turtle shells and a number of sculls and fish skeletons in his collection too:


I collect almost everything from paper to frames, bits of ribbon, books, cameras, shoes, art equipment, glass all the way to a vast collecton of cutlery, crockery and tea cups ...What about and you? Any familiarities?

I don't suppose the collection of dirty washing next to the side of my bed really classes as a true collection but I like to think of it as a form of self expression (laziness? I hear you say :))

I like to lie to myself that hoarding is a creative past time.

No comments:

Post a Comment