Thursday 4 August 2011

Sometimes others speak to you through their work.

I worry a lot. I worry about the normal things like bills and loved ones and being very far away .
I worry about my garden being watered and love it when it rains because the rain washes this worry away.
I worry about what everyone thinks, how they feel today.
I worry about the five books I am reading and about finishing them instead of enjoying them.
I worry about the news and therefore I don't watch it anymore.
I worry about everything I have started doing and never finished, all the sports I do and never being the best but always average.
I worry whether I will ever be able to play a musical instrument because I can read music.
I worry because I am super serious and everone else around me seems to be truely care free or able to mask thier worry with comedy or dive into a multitude of projects that always seem to be successful.
I worry that I am not good enough at anything or for anyone and that nothing will come of anything I have done or anything I will ever do.

But then the worry subsides and I find little colourful seeds of hope and inspiration  in others work.
Sometimes others speak to you through their work.
Their work either masks the worry by its intrigue or form.
Sometimes their work inspires or helps to conclude questions.

So instead of worry and comparison, enjoy what you like and be inspired by the gifts around.
Let the colour shine through the worry and soon this worry will dissipate.

No comments:

Post a Comment