Thursday 2 June 2011

So what's in a name?

I have been house sitting all of this week, and the owners are rather elderly hence, no internet connection... and lack of posts ...  blah blah balh!
Being back at work though I realise how much time I spend on the net... I digress...

So, back to the house sitting bit ... our main concern is a dog by the name of 'Fly', however when we arrived it appeared that meiosis had taken place and all of a sudden there were two dogs. A note that was left for us explained the doggie duplication letting us know that we had to feed another fluffy mouth but falied to let us in on the twins name! This posed a dilemma... you need to know a dog's name in order to call it.
Following on from this: In my maddness I was calling the main dog 'Sky' instead of 'Fly' and I couldn't understand why the twin was responding instead.
I later jokingly said to Neil that I bet we know this other dog's name even though we don't know it.

Well, the very next day we found out that my insanity was 'right on the money' and this dog's name was 'Sky' ... so we were looking after 'Fly' who I called 'Sky', but the twin dogs name was 'Sky' ... so as predicted we knew its name already ... but didn't, if you catch my drift!


In the end I have decided to rename them to prevent further confusion:
'Fly' I have named Cake because she looks like a Victoria Sponge (vanilla colour, and because of her age she is a classic, just like a vanilla sponge)
'Sky' on the other hand is a younger dog whom I have deemed: Cookie because she is caramel in colour and reminds me of caramel cookies.
They respond to their new names better their old ones ... very odd!

So what's in a name?
This one looks like 'Fly' who I call Cake:



And, this one looks like 'Sky' who I call Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment