Monday 7 March 2011

My Weekly Rotation

Imagine: if you could only have one painting on display a day, but you could have a weekly rotation, where each painting was allocated a specific day of the week.

Mean?

I know!

In realitly this would never work because there are so, so, so many fantastic images let alone paintings out there and I definately would never be able to afford my favourites and I am sure that in time my taste might change.

Never-the-less, I thought this might be something of interest to start the week.
So, here is my choice: ( I am sure I am going to kick myself when I realise all of the others I wanted to include too, but these must be my absolute favourites because I remembered them immediately!)


Monday 

Giuseppe Arcimboldo

Monday's always need a little motivation so what better way to get the creative juices going than a little mind candy:


















Tuesday

William Blake

Tuesdays seem to fly past and are a little under-rated. I have therefore chosen a powerful artist to remind me that Tuesday's are important too.

















  
Wednesday

Wassily Kandinsky

What motivation for the middle of the working week!
I particularly like this one, why I know not ...





















Thursday

Salvador DalĂ­ 

My favourite Artist for my favourite day of the week!


















Friday

M. C. Escher

Friday's are pretty crazy so I would have to have something to mimic the day:

 
















Not sure if this is a painting, but I couldn't go without an Escher!

Saturday

Hieronymus Bosch

I would have to continue the maddness into Saturday ...












Sunday

Gustav Klimt

My life would be incomplete, as would my week without a little goldand subdued maddness!

No comments:

Post a Comment